are you a boy? your clothes are boy clothes.
are you a girl? your clothes are girl clothes.
are you outside the binary of boy and girl? so are your clothes.
did someone just tell you your clothes don’t match your gender identity? they are a trashcan and their clothes are trashcan clothes.
I don’t see why anyone likes u either u big meanie
I’m looking through Ash’s old posts and this one still cracks me up XD
Glen Keane’s 7 Animation Essentials
1. Make a Positive Statement
- Do not be ambiguous in your approach.
- Thumbnail until you have that clear approach and conviction.
- Be bold and decisive.
2. Animate From the Heart
- Feel your drawings.
- Let your action be an extension of how you believe the character feels.
- Put yourself in the place of the character your animating- associate.
3. Make Expressions and Attitudes Real and Living
- Focus on the eyes and eyebrows, mouth and cheeks.
- Always lead with the eyes.
- Be sure the eyes are solid and placed securely in the head.
- Study your own attitudes. Ask yourself, “Does this drawing feel the way my face feels?”
4. Draw As If You Were Sculpting
- Describe the forms in dimension.
- Understand the character design in 3D.
5. Animate the Forces
- Allow the momentum of and already animated movement to suggest the next drawing.
- Draw the leading edge of forces.
6. Visualize and Feel Dialogue
- Be sure you are truly capturing the inflection, volume and tone of the dialog with proper mouth shapes.
- What is the essence of your scene, your action, your expression — what is indispensable in communicating your thought?
These rules apply to ANY character artist, animated or otherwise. The Gospel of Glen.
This is a sketch preview I did a few years back when I did my other Adventure Time cover. It wasn’t picked up so I never finished it, but I really liked the idea of a cover with Marceline, PB, and Jake all riding into a zombie skeleton battle.
Mainly it was just an excuse to bring back Princess Bubblegum’s Lazer BattleSwan. I miss it…
The next Missing Moment page has been posted, featuring Sister Jackson and baby Claire! (and… a sort-of cameo by someone you’ve all been missing…!?)
Thinking about the owl movie. You know, the one with the evil sexy warrior owl queen
I would like more owl movies. specifically more owl movies with sexy evil warrior queen owls
Ash and the little wrinkly mouse bbys. Look, they let HER hold them without running away. Maybe they don’t like my ice queen hands.
"Popcorning" is a phase a lot of baby mice go through where they jump very suddenly and very high, so named because it makes them look like popping popcorn. It can be dangerous (for the babies) to hold them in this phase, because they have a tendency to jump right out of your hand.
My last litter of baby mice completely skipped this stage, which is really unusual.
It’s amazing how fast baby mice grow in just a week or two! The babies all got their satin blue coats in. Taking pictures of them is proving harder. Unlike my last littler of super chill babies, these guys like to RUN. And they haven’t even opened their eyes yet! They’re gonna be popcorn babies for sure.