March 24th, 2013 is the date for the third annual Mini-Comics Day, celebrating the art of cartooning and creating hand-made comic books (the first event was held April 9th, 2011).
On Mini-Comics Day, participating cartoonists from around the world will write, draw, and print copies of a mini-comic, completing the entire process from start to finish in a day or less. Anyone in the world can participate.
Mini-comics have been democratizing the art of making comic books since the 70′s or earlier… with the popularization of photocopiers, it became apparent that anyone with an inclination and some spare change could print a little comic book. Wildly varying in both form and content, mini-comics are a wonderful synthesis of cartooning and hand-made art objects.
Guidelines: To participate, create a mini-comic from start to finish on March 24th, 2013 (including writing, drawing and printing it). You can make your mini-comic by yourself or with other artists.
Format: Your mini-comic can be any size, length and format you desire. A standard mini-comics size would be eight 4.25″x5.5″ pages (which can be made from one 8.5×11 sheet of paper printed on both sides).
Submit: Optionally, you can post information and/or images from your comic on this blog. Contact for an account to post here.
Bonus points: If you are working with a group of cartoonists, you may want to consider collecting your mini-comics together to distribute as a set. Bags, rubber bands, or boxes all work great for this purpose.
Events: Mini-Comics Day events will be organized at different locations around the world. You can read more about how to organize an event in our FAQ. The purpose of Mini-Comics Day events is to provide a place for cartoonists to draw and/or print their comics, and possibly to trade or sell their minis if they choose to.
More info here: http://www.minicomics.org/
- stubomb likes this
- spiritletitan likes this
- scarmona reblogged this from kaxaks
- drgonzorw likes this
- kootanihan likes this
- sillydragpoes reblogged this from yamino
- sweetfreak5evahh reblogged this from starline
- xreni-bearx reblogged this from its-heiress-actually
- xreni-bearx likes this
- dissidentbarbie likes this
- jendilemma likes this
- torukun1 reblogged this from yamino
- torukun1 likes this
- anticodonskeletons likes this
- rookden likes this
- mandyseley likes this
- windowhirl likes this
- itswebbtime reblogged this from winklebeebee
- winklebeebee reblogged this from starline
- slaysbelles reblogged this from egocentricartist
- sanayaforbes reblogged this from starline
- egocentricartist reblogged this from greencladprince
- lywen likes this
- zalehos likes this
- eternaldragons reblogged this from greencladprince
- greencladprince reblogged this from yamino
- butwewerespooky reblogged this from yamino
- allthebothersigive reblogged this from yamino and added:
- travisestrella reblogged this from starline
- travisestrella likes this
- quietsnooze reblogged this from jasminepetals
- karmakramer reblogged this from starline
- waggledance reblogged this from starline
- waggledance likes this
- mixtocombine likes this
- austinsalmi likes this
- jooliefiveash reblogged this from starline and added:
- romanticfox likes this
- jadedahlia likes this
- mintparfait likes this
- penciledcappers likes this
- letsallgotothelobby likes this
- larksincat reblogged this from hoaxzine
- thepinkmongoose likes this
- calypsotea likes this
- retrogummybear reblogged this from starline
- retrogummybear likes this
- wearebut2tardust reblogged this from starline
- jaime-nous likes this
- jackfrrost likes this